The Value of Protecting Your Data Privacy
At CYSIAM we take data privacy very seriously and we’re dedicated to empowering individuals and encouraging businesses to value and protect their data privacy.
OUR TOP 5 TIPS TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY:
- Be aware of who you provide your personal information to and how it’s collected. It is important to know who has access to your information as well as what they are going to do with it. Set the privacy and security settings on websites and apps to your comfort level for information sharing.
- Think before posting about yourself and others online. Consider what it reveals, who might see it and how it could be perceived now and in the future.
- It is advisable not keep data for longer than you need it. Delete unused apps from your phones and tablets, delete old emails and data you no longer require. Clear cookies from browsers regularly and consider using private browsing or a dedicated privacy browser.
- Don’t make online payments or access private accounts on a shared computer or using open public Wi-Fi as you cannot guarantee how secure the network or device is. Instead, use your own device on a secure network to stay safe. Protect your web browsing and online activities by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Protect your online accounts with strong passwords and, where possible, multi-factor authentication (MFA). Consider the use of a password manager help you to store passwords and prevent you having to remember them.
If you would like to know more about how we would assist you in protecting your data and empowering your employees with cybersecurity knowledge, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
DOWNLOAD THE PAPER
The Evolution of Ransomware